Dubrovnik Old-town & City Walls Excursion
Price per person: 55,00 EUR
– Bus transfer from Hotel Croatia, Cavtat to Dubrovnik
– Return transfer from Dubrovnik to the Hotel Croatia, Cavtat
– One licenced tour guide per group (25 persons)
– Entrance for City Walls
13:00 Hotel Croatia lobby – Starting point
13:30 – 14:00 Organized transport – Organized bus transfer to the Dubrovnik city where the local guide will lead a walking tour around the city.
14:00 – 16:00 Guided tour
|This tour will take you to explore the Old City of Dubrovnik.
Dubrovnik is an ancient town, surrounded by ramparts and fortresses.
The City Walls are among the finest in Europe.
A pleasant walk will take you to:
– The Old Town’s main street, called “Stradun” or “PLACA”. It is a, approximately 300 meter long, pedestrian zone and it runs from the “Pile” gates to “Ploče” gates, following the line of the channel that once divided the town into two parts;
– Sponza was one of the most important buildings in the city; Franciscan monastery with the museum that contains the Old Pharmacy’s inventory dates back to 1317;
– Dominican monastery with the collection of Dubrovnik School of Art 15th and 16th century;
– Rectors Palace that was the residence of the Dubrovnik’s Republic Rector;
– the Dubrovnik Cathedral and other places of interest.
Dubrovnik visitors are delighted by its most recognizable and defining feature – the city wall. The wall runs intact for 1940 meters, encircling the entire city, and served as on of the most beautiful and strong fort systems in Europe.
Five fortresses, including “St Lawrence” and “Revelin”, are incorporated within the walls and “Minceta Tower”, “Fort Bokar” and “St John’s Fortress” in particular provide visitors with unforgettable views of the city.
16:00 – 17:30 Free time – Free time for individual activities
17:30 – 18:00 Transfer back – Transfer to hotel Croatia by bus, arrival to the hotel Croatia