[vc_row 0=””][vc_column 0=””][vc_icon icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-trophy” size=”xl” align=”center” css_animation=”none”][vc_custom_heading text=”Best paper award” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:center”][vc_column_text 0=””]Energies, an MDPI open access journal of energy research, engineering and policy sponsors the best paper award of the MEDPOWER2018 conference.
The best paper will be selected by the Best paper award Committee taking into account both the relevance of the paper and the quality of the presentation.
The best paper award winner will receive 500 CHF (≈500 €) of funds transferred to authors respective account.
The winner will be announced on the Closing ceremony of the Conference on Thursday 15-November-2018 around 17:00.
The best papers selected by the Award committee are:
3rd place: A Detailed Li-ion Battery Operation Model for Day-ahead Economic Dispatch
by: Gonzalez-Castellanos, Alvaro; Pozo, David; Bischi, Aldo
From: Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology
Average points: 8,00
2nd place: An Auction for Financial Storage Rights
by: Alam, Abu; Taylor, Joshua
From: University of Toronto
Average points: 8,67
2nd place: Day-Ahead Management of Smart Homes Considering Uncertainty and Grid Flexibilities
by: Correa-Florez, Carlos Adrian; Michiorri, Andrea; Gerossier, Alexis; Kariniotakis, Georges
From: MINES ParisTech, PSL-Research University
Average points: 8,67
Strategic Participation of Merchant Energy Storage in Joint Energy Reserve and Balancing Markets
By: Schillemans, Arthur; De Vivero Serrano, Gustavo; Bruninx, Kenneth
From: KU Leuven
Average points: 9,17
Members of the Best Energies Paper Award committee are:
- Carlo Alberto Nucci, University of Bologna, Italy
- Chongqing Kang, Tsinghua University, China
- Andrej Gubina, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Ioannis Vlachos, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Greece
- Ning Zhang, Tsinghua University, China
- Yury Dvorkin, New York University, USA
- Filipe J. Soares, INESC TEC Porto, Portugal
- Kenneth Bruninx, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Yongqian Liu, North China Electric Power University, China